The Tech Challenge
A signature program of The Tech Museum of Innovation, The Tech Challenge is an annual team design challenge for students in grades 4-12 that introduces and reinforces the science and engineering design process with a hands-on project geared to solving a real-world problem.
Designed to inspire the next generation of Silicon Valley innovators, The Tech Challenge provides months of team learning in science, engineering, and math, culminating in the final Event Days on Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24, 2016. Team efforts are celebrated in an awards ceremony, recognizing everything from Best Overall Solution to Sportsmanship.
The Tech Challenge aligns with Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core. It reinforces 21st century skills of creativity, problem solving, design, teamwork, leadership, presentation, risk-taking, perseverance, and learning from failure. This program makes a great experience for classrooms, home schools, after-school programs, extra-credit projects, clubs, or friends!
- Open to students in grades 4-12.
- 3 grade levels: Elementary: 4-6; Middle School: 7-8; High School: 9-12.
- Participants collaborate in teams of 2 to 6 people.
- Registration fees are only $50 for the entire team.
- Fees waived for Title I schools/after-school programs.
- Solutions can be created with common, low-cost materials.
- There are no pre-qualifying conditions to enter.
- Special needs students are encouraged.